LYC is committed to ensuring that no talented young person should be excluded from membership of our training programme due to financial circumstance. This is achieved through the provision of full bursaries for members from low-income families. In addition, as well LYC significantly subsidises all member fees, by 50% of the true cost (actual cost: £600 per annum, per member). In addition, LYC engages in outreach activities in primary schools throughout London through the Aspire programme, at no cost to the young people. Your support will help us to continue this work.
How You Can Help
LYC 100 Circle
As the London Youth Choir firmly establishes itself as a vital part of music education in London, we look to secure our financial core through the formation of the LYC 100 Circle. The LYC 100 Circle is an exclusive membership of one hundred individuals, committed to supporting the choir through a minimum pledge of £1,500 per annum, for three consecutive years. As the London Youth Choir receives no government funding, this dedicated support is crucial in ensuring that LYC can continue to provide exceptional opportunities and support for young people in London.
To discuss the LYC 100 Circle further, please email Penny Lewis, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LYC 100 Circle Membership
- Regular newsletters and choir updates
- Invitations to concerts, workshops and special events
- Invitations to attend weekly LYC rehearsals and Aspire workshops
- Complimentary concert tickets
- Invitations to the annual LYC 100 Circle reception including an exclusive showcase
Sponsor a Chamber Choir Scholarship
Become a Friend
We invite you to join our special family of supporters who share our vision and enjoy a closer relationship with London Youth Choir. By Becoming a Friend of LYC and making an annual contribution towards our work you will be helping us to:
- Increase membership of the choir by providing more bursaries and maintaining membership subsidy
- build participation in our ASPIRE programme in schools with little or no music provision
- perform in more locations across London
- invest in people; increasing staffing in pastoral Care, ASPIRE, marketing and development
There are four levels at which you can support as a Friend:
- BRONZE : £50
- SILVER : £100
- GOLD : £500
- PLATINUM : £1,000
Friends receive acknowledgment on our website and in programmes, regular updates on LYC activities, priority booking to concerts and invitations to occasional rehearsals and special events. All this, plus a warm glow from supporting the work of LYC!
To become a Friend of LYC, please contact Penny Lewis at email@example.com.